IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society, and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 200,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We offer 12-month University Placement opportunities in Business & Finance, Human Resources, Technology, Marketing, Software Development and Design. Whichever role you choose, you’ll gain the experience, skills and contacts you need to help us solve some of our client’s toughest challenges. In return, we’ll give you everything you need to build the career you want, including fantastic support, training and development and a competitive salary of £22,000 pro-rated per annum and a £1,000 sign-on bonus.
Our Extreme Blue Summer internship gives you the chance to tackle a real business problem over 12 intense weeks of creative thinking. Working in either a technical or design role, you’ll join a small team of fellow university students to develop an original idea and turn it into a real product. Then you’ll showcase it to our executives, business partners and clients.
You must be in your penultimate year of study, and on track for a 2:1 to apply to our Summer Internship programme.
Some facts and figures about IBM today:
- What does IBM do? IBM brings the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for clients and partners around the world.
- IBM is one of the largest technology and consulting employers in the world.
- 2023 marked our 112th year!
- 47 of the Fortune 50 companies rely on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
- IBM Watson enterprise AI is hard at work with more than 30,000 engagements to help solve real-world problems.
- IBM is also one of the world’s most vital corporate research organisations, with 28 consecutive years of patent leadership.
- IBM is guided by principles for trust and transparency and support for a more inclusive society.