We’re the UK’s 5th largest supermarket chain and we’ve just opened our 970th store, employing around 38,000 colleagues. We know our success is only possible thanks to our amazing Aldi colleagues. That’s why we celebrate everyone’s achievements, offer market-leading pay, and create a great working environment. And that’s how we’ve become a multi award-winning employer – but it’s the least we can do. We know that our people make Aldi mean even more.
Our Placement Programmes cover a lot of ground. They offer unique learning experiences from different areas within Aldi and fantastic rewards – it’s the perfect introduction to your career, with opportunities available in our Stores or our Head Office departments. Ready for a challenge?
We hope you are! You’ll take on lots of responsibility quickly with whatever placement you choose, but you’ll be provided with incredible support throughout. With determination and extraordinary focus, you’ll learn a lot about yourself, as you tackle brand new situations and learn where your strengths lie in our fast-paced environment.
Here at Aldi, we offer placements in our Head Office and on the ground in our Stores, so whether you join us on a Retail Management, National Buying, eCommerce, Global Business Coordination, Supply Chain Management, National Projects or IT Placement, you’ll be in the thick of the action from the start.
We want you to go back to university feeling like you’ve made a valid contribution to a thriving global retailer.
We’ll also recognise those who go above and beyond with the potential to return after university. Ready for more?
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- You’ll get £25,375 for the 12 months you spend with us
- 4 weeks’ holiday allowance (plus bank holidays)
- Discounts on gym membership, cinema tickets and more!
- Whether it’s physical, mental, nutritional, financial, or social, you’ll get 24/7 access to support.
- If you’ve worked hard and successfully completed your programme you could be offered the opportunity to return after graduation on our Graduate Area Manager Programme or there may be permanent opportunities to apply for in Head Office
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- You’ll have to be working towards a 2:1 (in any degree discipline)
- You’ll have 96 UCAS points or 63 Scottish Highers* from your top 3 A-Levels/Scottish Highers (or the equivalent in other relevant qualifications).
- You’ll have the right to work in the UK and a UK driving licence
Retail Management applicants need access to a car.
*Or the equivalent on the old tariff.
- In the UK we have over 970 stores and 38,000 employees.
Worldwide, we have 6,520 stores across 11 countries and employ over 155,000 people.
- We are split into 11 regions in the UK.
- We are the official supermarket partner of Team GB and ParalympicsGB ensuring every member of the team has access to fresh healthy Aldi food via monthly shopping vouchers, with two million 5-14 year olds already learning about the benefits of cooking fresh, healthy food via our Get Set to Eat Fresh education initiative.
- We have a ten-year partnership with Teenage Cancer Trust – and have recently achieved our fundraising milestone of £6m ahead of our five-year target, which will go towards helping the trust to reach out to every young person with cancer in the UK. We have now committed to extending the TCT partnership for a further five years with a commitment to donate an additional £5m over this period.
- We work with Community engagement platform Neighbourly to help combat hunger’s devastating effects and continue to fight against child food poverty as no child should ever go hungry.
Meet Tom Guan – Retail Management Placement
“I joined Aldi on the Retail Management Placement Programme in 2021. I was immediately attracted to the role when I saw how practical it was. I thought having the opportunity to work in store for half a year would be brilliant and being able to interact with a variety of people was a great thing as well. I study Human Resources at Northumbria University, so I’m very much a people person. I want to take care of my staff and customers and that’s what really drew me to the programme. I did my research, got stuck in and within three or four weeks my responsibilities increased from Store Assistant to Deputy Store Manager.
During the year, I also got the chance to be involved with projects that make a real impact on the business. Knowing they give you this opportunity to get involved is really inspiring.
I didn’t have any retail experience, but for me, hard work beats anything. You’ll need to be someone who’s driven and be willing to give 100%. That’s what Aldi look for. Moving into a Manager role during my Placement was a very proud moment for me. It’s the feeling of being able to lead, communicate and make friendships with people that makes it so rewarding. Many of my employees were very new, so it was a big role to develop and train them. I was really grateful for it. You really get out what you put in and the exposure to the business is invaluable”